All abstracts deadlines are:
As a preliminar step to submit your abstract you must register online in FV2019. After submission of your communication, and once confirmed that you are registered in FV2019, you will receive an e-mail from the Technical Secretary confirming the reception of your communication.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINE
- Abstracts should be written in English and with a maximum length of 350 words, according to the format provided in the template (see below).
In the template you can select the session and the type of presentation (oral or poster). All abstracts will be reviewed and evaluated by members of the Scientific Committee, who will select the oral communications. Communications not selected as oral communications will be presented as posters. To promote scientific discussions during poster views, oral communications should also be presented as posters. Regardless of whether a communication has been chosen to be presented orally, ALL communications competing for the “Cátedra Luis de Camoens UC3M” award to the best communication presented by a young doctor and "Spanish Society of Plant Physiology” award to the best two communications presented doctoral students must be presented as posters.
- At least one of the authors of the communication has to be registered in the congress. Each registered author can submit only one communication as presenting author. Just in the case that you present a communication in the especial session “This is my idea, this is my project, this is my company” you will have the right of presenting one additional communication in one of the scientific sessions 1-11.
- The sessions where you can present your communications are the following:
Session 1: Metabolism and biochemistry
Session 2: Applied plant physiology and molecular breeding
Session 3: Signaling
Session 4: Ecophysiology and climate change
- Session 5: Interaction of plants with other organisms
Session 6: Photosynthesis, water relations and crop production
Session 7: Abiotic stress
Session 8: Biofertilizers, biostimulants and mineral nutrition
Session 9: Systems Biology and Omics
Session 10: Growth and Development
Session 11: Plant Biotechnology and Synthetic Biology
Especial session: This is my idea, this is my project, this is my company
- Presentation has to be in PowerPoint.
- It is VERY IMPORTANT to keep on schedule. To help you, a bell will ring several times during your presentation.
- Speakers for plenary lectures will have a 45 minutes time slot. A bell will ring two times during presentation: first bell rings at 40 minutes passed. Second bell rings 45 minutes passed meaning the end of talk.
- Speakers for keynote lectures will have a 35 minutes time slot. Please prepare a PowerPoint presentation that last for up to 30 minutes maximum to allow 5 minutes for discussion after your talk. A bell will ring three times during presentation: first bell rings at 28 minutes passed. Second bell rings 30 minutes passed meaning the end of talk. Third bell rings 35 minutes passed meaning the end of discussion.
- Oral communications will have 20 minutes time slot. Please prepare a PowerPoint presentation that last for up to 15 minutes maximum to allow 5 minutes for discussion after your talk. A bell will ring three times during presentation: first bell rings at 14 minutes passed. Second bell rings 15 minutes passed meaning the end of talk. Third bell rings 20 minutes passed meaning the end of discussion.
- Presentations will be preferably in English (Spanish or Portuguese will be accepted also).
- Be prepared to begin your presentation as soon as the prior presenter has finished; it is important to keep on schedule.
- To optimize organization, you are strongly requested to send by E-mail your PowerPoint presentations to email@example.com by June 21st (Friday). You will receive a message from the technical secretary confirming the reception of your file. Just in case that you could not send your presentation by E-mail, you should bring your presentation on a USB memory stick and load it on the computer located in the cabin of conference hall at least 2 hoursbefore the start of your session. The presentation for an early morning session must be handed over the day before. You will be assisted by a technician who will help you to load your presentation on the computer.
- All speakers are strongly requested to review their presentations at least 2 hours before the start of their sessions.
- Important notes for Macintosh users: To use a MAC presentation on a PC-compatible computer, please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Speakers' Ready Room:
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana, etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint-based PC).
- All the posters should be placed before the first coffee break on Wednesday, 26 June, and will be exposed during all the congress.
- Posters should be presented in English, with portrait format. Their dimensions should not exceed 90 cm (width) x 120 cm (height). Pins cannot be used. Adhesive tape will be provided.
- Make sure that the title, authors and affiliations are clearly readable.
- Poster session has been organized for authors to present their studies and meet with interested attendees for in-depth technical discussions. Therefore, it is important to show your results clearly to attract people who have an interest in your work.
- Your poster should cover the KEY POINTS of your work. The ideal poster is designed to (1) attract attention; (2) provide a brief overview of your work; and (3) initiate discussions and questions.
- The jury decisions on the "Cátedra Luis de Camoens UC3M” award to the best communication presented by a young doctor, and the "Spanish Society of Plant Physiology“ awards to the best two communications presented by PhD students will be based on the evaluation of the communications presented as posters.
Conference begins in: